|I have some exciting news! After weeks of prayerful consideration, thorough preparation, and consultation with local officials, the leadership of Coastal believes that we can safely and responsibly offer in-person worship gatherings beginning this Sunday, May 17th. We take our responsibility to you and to our community very seriously, so we have taken great care to provide a worship experience that meets or exceeds all the recommended standards. Coastal Kids and Coastal Youth will continue to minister the next generation in creative ways, but they will not gather in-person at this time.|
If you decide to attend on Sunday, here’s what you can expect…
- We will meet at the former Scott Middle School (4116 Ave N1/2) at 9AM and 10:45AM. Doors will open fifteen minutes before each service. The extended time between services will allow us to clear the crowd and clean the facility.
- All staff and volunteers will be screened for symptoms and potential exposure. High-risk groups as defined by the CDC are encouraged to continue to worship online.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented including a six foot distance between groups of seats. We will also enforce social distancing while entering and exiting the building.
- The building and chairs will be extensively cleaned before each service. Restrooms will be monitored for capacity and cleaned frequently. Hand sanitizer will be available at stations throughout the building.
- Masks will be worn by all staff and volunteers. We recommend masks be worn by all attendees. If possible, please bring your own mask.
- No items will be passed among attendees (offering baskets, print materials, or other worship items). Additionally, attendees should practice touchless greetings (no handshakes or hugs).
While we feel confident that those of you who choose to attend on Sunday will experience a safe and meaningful worship gathering, we also recognize that attending in-person will not be the best choice for many of our church family members. We respect your decision and look forward to the day you feel comfortable returning. We will be ready when you are ready. And until then, we hope you’ll continue to join us online. We will record the 9am service and broadcast it at 10:45AM on our website, app, YouTube channel, and Facebook page.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.