|Starting June 28, The Cove (Birth - K) plans to return during both the 9:00 AM and 10:45 AM services. Our Coastal Kids team will be implementing several procedures to create a healthy environment for the kids and volunteers, however, we also recognize that young children don’t really do “social distancing” very well. We encourage every family to make their own decision regarding the proper time to participate in these types of environments. Elementary, Middle School, and High School ministries will be sponsoring several events throughout the summer including summer camps. Weekly programming for older kids and teenagers is tentatively scheduled to resume when school starts back. If you have any questions about Coastal Kids, please contact Joanie Flores, Director of Children's Ministry.|
If you decide to attend on Sunday, here’s what you can expect…
- We will meet at the former Scott Middle School (4116 Ave N1/2) at 9:00 AM and 10:45 AM. The extended time between services will allow us to clear the crowd and clean the facility.
- All staff and volunteers will be screened for symptoms and potential exposure. High-risk groups as defined by the CDC are encouraged to continue to worship online.
- Social distancing measures will be implemented, including a minimum 2-seat distance between groups of seats. We will also encourage social distancing while entering and exiting the building.
- The building and chairs will be extensively cleaned before each service. Restrooms will be monitored for capacity and cleaned frequently. Hand sanitizer will be available at stations throughout the building.
- Masks may be worn at your discretion, but are not required.
- No items will be passed among attendees (offering baskets, programs, or other worship items), though limited print materials are available for pick up (e.g. devotionals). Additionally, attendees should practice touchless greetings (no handshakes or hugs).
While we feel confident that those of you who choose to attend on Sunday will experience a safe and meaningful worship gathering, we also recognize that attending in-person will not be the best choice for many of our church family members. We respect your decision and look forward to the day you feel comfortable returning. We will be ready when you are ready. And until then, we hope you’ll continue to join us online. We will record the 9:00 AM service and broadcast it at 10:45 AM on our website, app, YouTube channel, and Facebook page.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.